Monday 25 June 2012

All things win-tage

Vintage Chanel logo earrings

Vintage Gianni Versace earrings

Vintage Gianni Versace sunburst pattern shirt

Vintage Christian Dior sunglasses

If the pictures haven't spoken for themselves yet, I'll tell you what this is about. This is about Gianni Versace, Christian Dior, Chanel and various other glorious brands and their reigning days during the 80s and 90s. That time is such, it cannot be brought back. I feel the designers were not of this world. I relate to Gianni Versace and Moschino's design abilities back in the 80s and 90s the most. Those designs can only be replicated in today's time. The designers of today have a different story to tell, not to say that they are any less talented. All I mean is, I am having a major vintage moment these days, and the pictures I have included in the post are of vintage finds I have bagged and "added to cart" in the past month or so. Not to mention my broke student state, but I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of wearing my Chanel earrings and flaunting the Dior glasses.
I have a knack of finding things after intense research, and most these things have been 'found' online. I have an undying love for vintage fashion, and I feel the quality and designs of those days cannot be brought back to life. The feeling of wearing a pair of vintage earrings is beyond explanation. That too when they are these wonderful designs from designer maestros like Coco Chanel, Moschino and Gianni Versace themselves.
Anyone looking for anything vintage in particular guys? Give me a shout, I might know where the treasure lies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment